This honey baked ham recipe is a copycat of the super popular HoneyBaked Ham Store version. It’s a tender ham baked to perfection and coated in a crispy spiced sugar glaze. The ultimate holiday ham!
8 lb spiral cut ham
1/4 cup honey
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
fresh herbs for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9″ x 13″ pan with cooking spray.
Place the ham cut side down in the pan and pour the honey over the top. Cover the pan with foil.
- Bake for 2 hours or until a thermometer inserted into the ham registers 140 degrees F. Remove the ham from the oven and preheat the broiler.
Place the sugar, onion powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and smoked paprika in a medium sized pan along with 1/2 cup of drippings from the pan or water.
- Stir to combine the sugar and liquid then bring to a boil. Boil for exactly one minute.
Pour half the glaze over the ham and place the ham under the broiler. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until glaze starts bubbling.
- Remove the ham from the oven and pour the remaining glaze over the ham. Broil for 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove the ham from the oven and separate the slices. Transfer the ham to a platter and serve, garnished with herbs if desired.